Friday, October 11, 2013

I like Korea!

Korea! I love Korea! Oh why Korea? 


Actually I am not Korean, I am a Malaysia Chinese. I started to pay attention on Korea when I was 21 years old. Honestly, I was interested only on K-Pop that time, not Korea. I began to step into the world of K-pop when the first time I watch Girl's Generation (a.k.a SNSD) music video "Gee" on YouTube. 

Korean Girl Group: "Girl's Generation (SNSD)"
I was thinking: "why are they 9 members in a group?" That's too many members and I have never seen that many members in a single group. This was something new to me. They are all so adorable, pretty and attractive. In the "Gee" MV, they look like 9 angels wearing in colourful. Their dance are so nice although their dance are not too difficult to perform. By just watching their MV, it can really make my day feel better.

From here, I started to dig out and listen to all of their songs from previous albums. I even tried to find almost everything that related to Girl's Generation, and then I found some Korean variety shows: "Invincible Youth" and "Family Outing 2". These two variety shows started to raise my interests on all Korean variety shows, including Korean dramas. 

Korean Drama "You are My Destiny"
My first Korean drama was "You are My Destiny". I watched this drama because YoonA (from SNSD) is the main character in this drama. Although this drama has quite a number of episodes (178 episodes), but I still watched it until the final episode. In my opinion, Korean dramas have their certain of qualities which will never make you feel too bad or bore to watch.

Girl's Generation is seriously a big contributor to Korea. They really helped a lots on promoting Korea into the world. I believe many peoples are just like me, putting their first step into Korea/K-pop because of Girl's Generation.

Korean Variety Show "Running Man"
Unlike the past, I was only paying attention to Girl's Generation, now, I am listening to every Korean songs from different singer and group. I even started to watch many different kind of Korean variety shows like: "Running Man", "We got Married", "Infinity Challenge" and more. Korean really done well on their variety shows. Their ideas are creative, their sound & visual effects for variety shows are also superb and the most important, interesting and fun. If you ask: "Which variety show you feel is the best so far?", I definitely will answer: "Running Man!". "Running Man" is a must-watch Korean variety show. Why? Well, I can't talk about this here, it will be never ending if I list down the reasons in this post. So, it will be better to talk about "Running Man" in another post.

Korean Food "Tteokbokki"
When you watch Korean variety shows, dramas, and movie, you will often see how they eat and what food they eat. In the beginning, I was not interested in trying Korean foods, because they look not that special to me compare to Japanese foods. I started to gain interests on Korean foods when I saw "Tteokbokki" in variety shows. It looks really delicious to me and make wanted to try it so badly. Hence, I went to a local Korean restaurant that originally open by Korean after few days I saw Tteokbokki. I ordered "Tteokbokki", "Bibimbap", "Samgyupsal with side dishes", "Jajangmyeon", "Kimchi" and "Kimchi Pancake". Once I tried all of them, I fell in love of Korean foods. Their looks are not that special, but the tastes seriously unbeatable, they are delicious. From the day after, I started to visit Korean restaurant more often although Korean foods in Malaysia are more expensive compare to local foods.

I really like Korea. I like their cultures, their foods, their living styles, their entertainments, their fashions and their products. Korea definitely is my first choice if I am going to foreign country for vacation. But unfortunately, I still have no chance travel to Korea for vacation yet. I really hope one day my vacation dream to Korea will come true.



No comments:

Post a Comment